Kitchen Garden Guides

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hobart Botanic Gardens as the seasons turn.....

I have hardly left Cygnet since I returned from my trip to Adelaide in May. Why would I? Anyway, last Friday I went to Hobart to see my friend Erica whose birthday it was and I spent the day happily playing in the city; shopping, eating and walking in the Botanic Gardens. It was balmy weather and I so enjoyed a full day out and about.....

image image

 

 

 

 

 

image

  

image

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

image

...which commemorates French exploration of Tasmanian waters beginning in 1772. 

 image

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

image

image

 

 

 

 

 

 

Spring has sprung! 

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Hi Kate
I love the Hobart Botanic Gardens.
Love your photos.
I wish there was still a direct flight from Adelaide to Hobart.
I could meet you there for coffee.
Maggie

Kate said...

That would be fabulous, Maggie.... if only! Last year I got a $70 flight from Adelaide - Hobart direct. Not any more; it takes all day to go via Melb. and costs 3 times as much, or more.

Tanya Murray said...

Aah, one of my favourite places in Hobart!

africanaussie said...

gosh that looks like an interesting botanical gardens. That water sculpture looks amazing