Kitchen Garden Guides

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Somewhere over the rainbow….and other snippets

 

imageThat little green house across the cow paddock from me is definitely basking in gold, at the end of the rainbow…. image
….and it came down in my gum trees; can you see it? It was a glorious sight, after the rain.
image
The Dover Bay Mussels people were at the market as usual. You can’t beat $5 / kg!! So we had mussels for dinner….
image
….wonderfully delicious and easy after my hectic Cygnet Market stall.
image
My stall takes up most of the Town Hall stage now and I have a love / hate relationship with it!
image
Photos taken during a quiet moment but often the whole stage is full of people! 
imageUnpacking deliveries at home, repackaging bulk stuff and then packing for the market is a never ending job. I still enjoy opening the boxes though! image
Some of the goodies….
image
I must admit that I do make bloody good sourdough bread! Left is wholemeal wheat and right is spelt and quinoa…..
image
Then there’s all the garden produce. This was a scrumptious meal of freshly picked broad beans, leeks, garlic and herbs (all from my garden) on sourdough toast.

At The End Of The Rainbow

© Kathy Lesley

After a terrible rainstorm
In the sky, I saw a rainbow.
All the bright, beautiful colors made me feel so warm
As they dipped down so low.

I thought back to that legend of old
Sitting on my grandfather's knee.
"At the end of the rainbow is a pot of gold,"
He would say to me.


Every time I would see a rainbow
In that big, beautiful sky so bold
I would cross my fingers and make a vow,
"I would be the one to find that pot of gold."


So one day I bid my family and friends good-bye
As I started on my journey, following that rainbow.
I walked away quickly, knowing if I lingered I would cry.
I left to find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

But as I travelled so far and so long,
I could not find the end of that elusive rainbow.
Feeling very sad, I began to hear a song;
A song from my childhood so sweet and low.

By the song I was sold.
No more did I need to roam.
In all that time I was searching for that pot of gold,
It was with my family and friends, at home.

Source: At The End Of The Rainbow, Home Poem

No comments: